While planning for our annual New Year's Eve party, I came across some great family-friendly ideas. As has been our tradition for the past four years, we will be inviting one of our very favorite families over to help us count down. Like us, they have a whole brood of kids. Besides enjoying an appetizer buffet, we typically spend the evening playing table games. But this year, with the help of my New Year's Activities Pinterest board, we'll be mixin' it up a bit.
I found this super cute countdown to New Year's bag idea and can't wait until our party when all the kids can take turns opening up a bag o' fun!
I've prepared five party bags by writing an hour increment onto each one. When the clock strikes that particular hour, one lucky Little will open the bag to reveal a special treat. Between bags, we will eat, play table games, and eat some more!
Wanna take a sneak-peek into our bags?
- 8:00 Handmade charade cards to use in Family VS. Family charades
- 9:00 An ice cream scoop and sprinkles to announce a "Build your own sundae" dessert bar
- 10:00 A DVD of a kid-friendly movie (Usually by 10:00 the kids are starting to get too hyper and need a quiet activity.)
- 11:00 Glow-in-the-dark bracelets/necklaces to wear for the remainder of the night
- 12:00 Noise makers to celebrate the new year
Got any big countdown plans?