For the third time, I'm prepping for third grade. There's some kind of "third time's the charm" quip hidden between the lines of this post, but I'll spare you the lengthy monologue and just say that third grade feels like an old sweater. It's been worn in. It feels pretty comfy. It fits like a trusty OLD RELIABLE.
Here's what my suppose-to-be-in-second-grade boy will be up to in third grade.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for full details.)
All subjects will be completed four days a week unless otherwise noted.
He'll be joining his siblings for all the content-rich subjects such as morning time, history, science, and art. While we do all of these together, I try my best to provide multi-level learning. You can find a listing of the resources we will be using here>>>
Like last year, he will continue to read through his Picture Bible. But, he will also be working his way through the Challenger Quiet Time book from Word of Life.
- BJU English 3
- All About Spelling 3
- Create a writing notebook that he will use to keep all of the final drafts of his writing assignments. (every few weeks)
- Continue writing to his penpal. (1x a month)
- Read & Think Skills Sheets 3-These are to help prepare him for the timed reading comprehension sections of the mandatory state achievement tests. This spring will be his first time taking them. (1 page a week)
- Read for pleasure every day.
- Read a Mom-assigned book...classic, biography, exceptional fiction...that I select for him. (4x a week)
- Teaching Textbooks 4
- free online review games and apps (like Math Mateer and Monkey Math) for math process review (every few days)
- Building Thinking Skills Level 1 (1x a week)
- He will continue his child-of-the-day privileges and responsibilities. (1x a week)
- Finish the last few lessons of Lessons in Responsibility for Boys Level 1 and then begin Level 2. He will read one chapter each week to me in replace of his normal reading time. (1x a week)
- piano (practice 5x a week, lessons 1x a week for a half hour)
- Typing Instructor (1x a week)