(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for full details.)
Next, we played the Snowman Right to Left Game.
To Play:Instruct players to sit in a circle. Divide a larger group into smaller groups. (I divided our group into ELEMENTARY BOYS, ELEMENTARY GIRLS, and PRESCHOOLERS.) Give one person in each group a small wrapped prize. Read the Snowman Story. Every time the word RIGHT is said in the story, the prize is passed to the right. Every time the word LEFT is said, the prize is passed to the left. At the end of the story, whoever is holding the wrapped gift is the winner and can open and claim the prize.
Next came a gluten-free Christmas Rice Krispy treat with hot chocolate.
- candy cane
- Christmas ball
- Christmas tree
- jingle bell
- gingerbread man
- baby Jesus in a manger
Some suggested gift-exchange instruction slips:
Trade gifts with...
- the person who has the longest hair
- the person to your right/left
- the person whose gift wrap has the most red on it
- the person with the smallest/biggest gift
- the person with the biggest smile
- a person wearing green/red
- the person whose birthday is closest to Christmas
For more Christmas party ideas, be sure to check out the 2011 Co-op Christmas Party.