There's no shortage of coffee filter angel ornaments and painted handprint wreaths around here at Christmas time. Over the years, we've definitely done our share of holiday kid's crafts. But, when it comes to Christmas Schooling...incorporating real learning to the peace of Advent...I prefer to focus on art. I prefer to let my children enjoy the unrushed process instead of forcing an end product.
I put on our favorite Christmas music, spread the table with chalk pastels and paint, and stand back as my children create memories and masterpieces. Granted a crayon wax resist of the Virgin Mary does not hang as pretty on a tree as a salt dough star, but it sure looks nice on the mantel.
Here are a few FREE art tutorials from around the web to help furnish your home...and perhaps your heart.
Christmas Trees1. Colorful Christmas Trees by Kids Artists
2. Abstract Winter Trees by Art Projects for Kids
3. Concentric Circles Tree by Handmade Kids Art
4. Glowing Christmas Tree by Hodge Podge
5. Oil Pastel Christmas Tree in a Snowstorm by Kathy's AngelNik Designs
6. Oh, Christmas Tree by Kids & Glitter
7. How to Draw a Christmas Tree by Art for Kids Hub
Christmas Trimmings8. Fingerprint Christmas Lights by Crafty Morning
9. Christmas Light Chalk Stencil by Buggy and Buddy
10. Shiny Bright Christmas Ornaments by Color It Like You MEAN It!
11. How to Draw a Christmas Wreath by Hodge Podge
The Nativity12. Starry Night in Bethlehem by Kids & Glitter
13. Stained Glass Nativity by Little Wonders' Day
14. Christmas Star Chalk Pastel by Hodge Podge
15. Nativity Silhouette by The Artist Woman
16. Pastel Resist Madonna by The Artist Woman
17. How to Draw a Cartoon Christmas Angel by Zooshii Draw
Be sure to follow my Christmas Schooling Pinterest Board for more ideas for homeschooling through the holidays!