(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for full details.)
This year's list is a mix of many long-time, family favorites and new adventures.
Here's how we'll be counting down.
Christmas Countdown 2014
- Set up the buildings for 100+ piece nativity scene countdown.
- Decorate the Christmas tree.
- Put on the Christmas pillowcases at bedtime.
- Pick a Christmas gift for Jesus.
- Play Christmas-themed Pictionary.
- Go sledding.
- Make thumbprint ornaments for the tree.
- Play the dreidel game. (I'm part Jewish.)
- Purchase secret sibling gifts for a brother or sister.
- Attend the co-op Christmas party.
- Attend the 10th annual gingerbread house making party.
- Play Christmas charades.
- Attend an ice skating show with family.
- Make gifts for Sunday School teachers. (We'll be cooking up something new this year, and it's not edible.)
- Watch a Christmas video in our PJs.
- Visit a live Nativity in a neighboring town.
- Create Christmas Mad Libs.
- Play the Left/Right Christmas story game with Christmas cookies.
- Look at Christmas lights around town.
- Make snow cream.
- Deliver Christmas cookies to the neighbors.
- Play the Christmas characters party game all day long.
- Retell the Christmas story using the Little Peoples Nativity set.
- Attend the extended family Christmas.
For more ideas for Christmas activities, be sure to check out...