Looking to add a little color to your winter white? Look no further than this "stained glass" paper craft. You can hang these in your window and watch the light cast a wonderful colored glow throughout the room.
You will need:
- blank construction paper
- a pencil
- a round lid
- a glue stick
- pieces of colored tissue paper cut into small squares
1. Using the round lid and pencil, trace a circle shape onto the black paper.
2. Cut out the circle.
3. Fold the circle in half. Continue to fold the paper in half until you are left with a small triangular piece of paper. (This folding process is similar to that of making a paper snowflake.)
4. Using your scissors, cut small designs on the two straight sides of the triangle. Cut through all the layers. Be sure NOT to cut on the rounded side of the triangle.
5. Unfold the circle to reveal the base for your "stained glass."
6. Rub a light layer of glue around one of the cut-outs of the circle.
7. Place a piece of tissue paper over the cut-out making sure to completely cover the hole.
8. Continue to glue small scraps of tissue paper until every whole has been covered. Be sure NOT to overlap one piece of tissue onto the hole of any other piece of tissue paper as this will alter the color.
Once the holes are all covered with tissue, turn the project over to reveal a beautiful, light catching masterpiece. Hang it in your window and enjoy.
Need some more simple art tutorials? Be sure to check out...